Oasis Hill Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

CBOX
Latest topics
» Wine and Moving On. [Chad- Closed]
pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY] EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:06 am by Michelle Amorcya

» Life Sucks [Gabrielle- Closed]
pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY] EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:50 pm by Michelle Amorcya

» hello again, friend of a friend [maria, summer]
pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY] EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:43 am by Ella Raines

» boy i think about it every night and day [ kyle ; closed? ] i'm addicted, wanna jump inside your love
pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY] EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:55 am by Gabrielle Amorcya

» Clean Up Project
pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY] EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:43 am by Ella Raines

» you've gotta help me out [ ella's wall of shame ] it's all a blur, last night
pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 am by Ella Raines

» morning mischief [jake, emily, chad ; closed]
pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:39 am by Ruby Marie Chapman

» where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman
pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:25 am by Ruby Marie Chapman

» gabrielle amorcya `` plots
pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:22 am by Jacob Lawson

pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY]

+3
Danielle Hale
William Baker
Brooke Gaiman
7 posters

Go down

pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY] Empty pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY]

Post  Brooke Gaiman Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:29 am

This is a MANDATORY class. You all must post here. If you don't, you will not be allowed to post in the carnival. Two posts MINIMUM in this thread is all it takes. I'm keeping tabs. I have my stern face on.

Brooke stood in the center of the stage, her eyes scanning the auditorium. She picked out a few familiar faces, mostly people from her Muggle Studies class. Sitting behind her, between the Headmaster and Will was Legs. She was currently hidden from view, as Brooke had chosen to stand directly in front of her so as to not excite the students. She was here to teach them about Australian muggle currency, which is what they used on Amorcya Island. Thankfully the shops in Woodberg County were run by wizards who could just take the student’s wizard money and change it into muggle money. Brooke crossed her arms as she waited for the entire student body to enter the auditorium. She really didn’t see why it was so difficult for them to learn the currency by themselves. Brooke had learnt it by herself. Legs knew how to use muggle currency, and she was five. So what did that tell you about the students of Oasis Hill? They were dumber than a five year old, that’s what. Brooke tapped her heeled foot on the ground, her arms crossed. She was glad that this wasn’t an actual class. It meant she didn’t have to wear her robes. She still had to look somewhat respectable, though. Brooke was sure her outfit was respectable enough.

Brooke hadn’t even been told about the muggle studies class she was having to teach. She’d been walking past the bulletin board one day and she’d seen the advertisement about the Woodberg County Carnival. Brooke loved that carnival. She’d been every year since her first year at Oasis Hill. And this year she’d be able to take Legs with her. Legs hadn’t been to the Woodberg County Carnival yet. Brooke had been reading the Woodberg County Carnival rules when she’d come across the rule that stated all students and staff must attend a brief muggle studies class so as to learn how to use muggle currency. Brooke’s jaw had dropped at that rule. She knew immediately who they expected to teach the class, and it had disappointed Brooke somewhat. She was over it now, of course. Muggle Studies was her passion, and she wasn’t about to give up a chance to teach it. She just didn’t want the students distracted by the unbelievably cute five year old sitting behind her. Brooke looked around the auditorium once more before deciding that there were enough students and staff in the room to begin the class. Sighing, she turned on her heel and walked back to where her daughter was sitting with the Headmaster and Will.

Brooke held out her hand for her daughter, and led her back to the center of the stage. “Before we begin, I would like to introduce you all to someone”, Brooke said. She squeezed Lauren’s hand and smiled reassuringly down at her daughter. “This is Lauren Elizabeth Gaiman, my daughter. She’s been living with my parents for the past three years, but now she’s come to Oasis Hill to live with me. I trust you will all make her welcome.”

----

Alec was barely awake. He was still lying in his bed, his blankets on the floor somewhere, with his pillows mixed up in them. One leg was hanging off the side of the bed. His right arm was resting behind his head, his left arm across his stomach. He could feel the sun on his face, and groaned. Somewhere in the depths of the walk in wardrobe they shared, Alec could hear Jake rummaging around. Alec groaned again and finally opened his eyes. “Why are you awake so early?!” he called. It was a known fact that the seventh year Othello boys slept in as late as possible on the weekends. In fact, it was a rare occasion for one of them to be up earlier than one o’clock in the afternoon on the weekends. And whoever was up before then would usually leave the other boys to their devices. Well, not Alec and Jake. They usually made as much noise as possible if they were the first ones up. Alec lifted his head slightly to hear Jake’s response. “We have that stupid pre-carnival muggle studies class, remember?” Alec let out another groan. Whoever came up with the idea of making the carnival completely muggle was a giant idiot.

Alec finally pushed himself into a sitting position as Jake came out of the wardrobe, fully dressed holding a pair of jeans and a shirt. Alec ducked slightly as Jake threw the clothes at him and told him to get dressed. Alec didn’t even see the point of going to this stupid class. He probably wasn’t even going to go to the carnival, not while Dani was completely pissed off at him. Sighing, Alec pulled his pajama pants off and pulled the jeans on, pulling the shirt on afterwards. He zipped and buttoned the jeans and gave himself a quick once-over before looking at Jake. “Do we have to go?” he asked. Jake gave him a look that clearly said ‘are you an idiot?’ and walked out of the dorm. Alec sighed, contemplating staying right where he was. There was a chance he’d see Dani at the class, and that would mean a chance to talk, right? Sighing for a third time, Alec followed Jake out of the dorm and common room. They walked together down to the first floor and into the auditorium. Professor Gaiman was standing in the center of the stage. Alec and Jake took a seat near the back, because that was where all the cool kids sat. But it was also because they were less likely to get called on back there.

Once they were seated, Professor Gaiman walked to the back of the stage, where the Headmaster and Deputy Headmaster were sitting with… a little girl? Alec frowned as he watched Professor Gaiman take the hand of the little girl and walk back to the center of the stage. “Before we begin, I would like to introduce you all to someone. This is Lauren Elizabeth Gaiman, my daughter. She’s been living with my parents for the past three years, but now she’s come to Oasis Hill to live with me. I trust you will all make her welcome.” Alec’s jaw dropped. What?! She barely looked old enough to be a teacher, and now she had a kid?

----

Gabrielle stared moodily at the little muggle clock she’d bought for the sixth year Othello girl’s dorm. She honestly couldn’t understand why she was up this early. Who cares about effing muggle currency? Gabrielle certainly didn’t. What was so effing important about learning about Australian money? Gabrielle didn’t need to learn about it. She just charged everything back to her parents, and it seemed to make shop owners happy. Everybody knew who Janette and David Amorcya were. Gabrielle hardly even had to use I.D to prove she was who she said she was. She and Michelle looked enough like their mother to be able to get away with charging everything back to them. “Michelle, can I just stay here?” Gabrielle asked, looking at her sister. Of course Michelle was already dressed. That girl was never late. Michelle shook her head, and Gabrielle sighed, stomping her foot on the ground. Michelle gave her a look. Gabrielle took that look as ‘if you don’t get ready in the next five seconds, I’m going to hex you’. Sighing again, Gabrielle pushed herself off her bed and stomped her way into the walk-in wardrobe. She was in there for a few minutes before coming out in what she classified as a casual outfit. Most people would probably think her weird for wearing heels with a casual outfit, but Gabrielle had practically grown up in heels. She felt weird not wearing them.

Yawning and rubbing her eyes, Gabrielle followed Michelle out of the dorm and common room. They were walking slightly behind Alec and Jake. Gabrielle glared at their backs, not happy with either of them. She wasn’t happy with Alec because he’d made Dani cry, and she just plain didn’t like Jake. Once they were down on the first floor, Gabrielle followed the two boys into the auditorium and opted for sitting in the row in front of them. Once they were all seated, Gabrielle watched Professor Gaiman walk to the back of the stage and back to the center, now holding the hand of a small girl. “Before we begin, I would like to introduce you all to someone. This is Lauren Elizabeth Gaiman, my daughter. She’s been living with my parents for the past three years, but now she’s come to Oasis Hill to live with me. I trust you will all make her welcome.” Gabrielle, along with the rest of the school, gasped. Professor Gaiman had a kid? Gabrielle looked around the auditorium. Apparently nobody else had known, either. Gabrielle wondered if Dani knew. And if she did, why hadn’t she told Gabrielle?

----

Jared was barely functioning when he rolled out of bed that morning. Whose idea was it to make the stupid pre-carnival muggle studies class so early in the effing morning? Jared glared at Kyle as he passed him, as if it was his best friend’s fault. Well, why not blame it on Kyle? He was the son of the Headmaster, and the Headmaster was the only person who would make the stupid class so early. Unless Professor Gaiman had opted for this time. But Jared doubted that. From what he’d heard from his uncle Will, Professor Gaiman preferred sleeping in. But who knew. Maybe Professor Gaiman was just trying to torture the students. Nobody knew what was going on inside that ridiculously gorgeous head of hers. Jared walked into the walk-in wardrobe, and came out a few seconds later wearing a pair of jeans and a shirt. He made his way back over to his bed as the rest of his dorm mates finally decided to get their butt’s moving. Jared let himself fall back onto his bed, and lent forward to reach underneath it. He came back up with a pair of shoes, which he was putting on when Kyle emerged from the wardrobe, fully dressed.

A few minutes later, Jared was walking out of the common room with Jasper and Kyle. Jared barely heard anything as he walked robotically down the stairs to the second floor and then down the stairs to the first floor. He could see twin heads of blonde hair slightly in front of them, but made no move to call out to them. Instead, he followed them into the auditorium, where he saw Alec and Jake making their way to a row near the back of the room. Jared nudged Kyle and Jasper, and they shuffled down the row until they came upon Jake and Alec. Jared sat beside Alec, his eyes on the stage. Professor Gaiman was standing in the center of the stage, with his uncle Will and Headmaster Chapman sitting behind her. And then Professor Gaiman was holding the hand of a small girl. “Before we begin, I would like to introduce you all to someone. This is Lauren Elizabeth Gaiman, my daughter. She’s been living with my parents for the past three years, but now she’s come to Oasis Hill to live with me. I trust you will all make her welcome.” Jared remained silent while the rest of the school gasped. Slowly, a smirk appeared on Jared’s face. “Ohh. That’s got to suck, uncle Will!” Jared said loudly.

----

The day before, Ruby had pleaded with her father to not make her go to this stupid and unnecessary muggle studies class. Ruby had no desire to learn about Australian muggle currency. Like she would even use muggle money again after the stupid carnival. Like she would even go to the carnival! Unless Jake asked her to go. Her father, however, had told her that it was mandatory for her to go, and wouldn’t allow her to miss it while the rest of the school went. Ruby had refused to accept his answer. But here she was, the next morning, getting ready to go to the stupid class. Her father had told her to ‘dress casually’. Ruby had all but laughed in her father’s face. Ruby Marie Chapman did not do ‘casual’. It was fabulous and beautiful all the time. Her outfit was nothing short of fabulous. Ruby knew she could probably get away with not going, but she wasn’t willing to hear her father utter the word ‘disappointed’ when it was directed at her. Ruby didn’t take her father’s disappointment very well. She did a lot of things to make him disappointed, however. Somehow, she’d managed to keep her… lack of virginity a secret from him.

The various boys she’d slept with had all been threatened with expulsion once the deed was over. Ruby had told them to keep the event to themselves, because if they didn’t they’d be out of the school faster than they could blink. Nobody was really willing to give up their position at Oasis Hill Academy that easily. So, thankfully, Ruby was still her daddy’s ‘little jewel’. As Ruby left the common room, she saw Kyle, Jasper and Jared walking towards the auditorium. She left them alone, today. Usually she would be all over Jared, taking any opportunity to be near him while he wasn’t with his girlfriend. Today, she just… couldn’t be bothered. Ruby was surprised at herself. But whatever. Even girls like Ruby were allowed to take a break from boys. Ruby’s heels clicked along the ivory floor as she made her way towards the auditorium. She saw her brother and his friends sitting in a row towards the back. The Amorcya twins (ugh) were sitting in the row in front of them. Ruby sighed, and made her way down to the row where her brother was sitting, opting to sit beside Jake. A bored look on her face, Ruby watched as Professor Gaiman brought a little girl to the center of the stage.

“Before we begin, I would like to introduce you all to someone. This is Lauren Elizabeth Gaiman, my daughter. She’s been living with my parents for the past three years, but now she’s come to Oasis Hill to live with me. I trust you will all make her welcome.” Ruby raised an eyebrow and scrunched up her nose. “Ew”, she said.
Brooke Gaiman
Brooke Gaiman
Admin

Back to top Go down

pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY] Empty Re: pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY]

Post  William Baker Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:40 am

He had been prepared for the pre-carnival a few days, a day before Lauren came to his door. Groaning, he slid out of his bed and hit his alarm, quickly getting ready for Brookes speech. He was glad he didn’t need to be dressed in robes, he was just wearing some jeans and a smart shirt and jacket it wasn’t the most comfortable clothes to wear compared to some of the students in their t-shirts and hoodies – part of the job of being deputy headmaster, he owned an endless supply of shirts and jackets. Quickly grabbing an apple he began walking towards the auditorium, he wondered when everyone else would be arriving. Opening the door, he walked down the entire auditorium to the stage – to Brooke. Smiling at her, he joined her on stage, next to Lauren and the headmaster before the first of the students began filing in.

Once everyone was seated, Brooke began talking about her daughter. He still couldn’t believe it. Will was a little freaked to say the least, he was in a difficult position. He was the deputy head but also her boyfriend. He didn’t know quite how to react at first, as the deputy head he didn’t need to know anything personal about Brooke, so long as it didn’t affect her work, but as her boyfriend. Will felt betrayed. He didn’t understand why Brooke hadn’t just told him in the beginning, then it wouldn’t have been such a shock to see a little girl knocking on his door. Will loved Brooke anyway, his eyes brushed over Brooke, Will wondered how she ever managed to get away with that. He wasn’t complaining, she looked amazing he just couldn’t imagine her having a daughter still! The little girl, Lauren was sitting next to him at this moment, while Brooke spoke to the school about the carnival and the Australian currency. It was interesting to see all the different colours, at least he kept a couple of notes on him in the Australian currency in case of an emergency but it was just gathering dust nowadays.

Brooke then introduced her daughter to the school, holding her hand out, he watched Lauren. There was no doubt she was adorable, she was so innocent but Will didn’t really know how to talk to her sometimes, he hadn’t really been around young girls. Jared was the only one he had seen from a young age and looked after and even then it wasn’t as if he was living at the academy at five years old. A couple of the students began muttering to no surprise, Will managed to spot his nephew amongst his friends, behind the Amorcya twins. As soon as his eyes clapped on him, he saw Jared open his mouth “Ohh. That’s got to suck, uncle Will!” Will only rolled his eyes, while the headmaster’s eyes turned from his nephew to Will. He just gave a small nervous laugh, “Kids! They always think something’s going on!” Will shrugged, while the headmaster nodded his head and looked at Brooke again. Will would’ve glared at Jared had he not been in front of the entire school, he would be sure to catch him later.
William Baker
William Baker
Admin

Back to top Go down

pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY] Empty Re: pre-carnival muggle studies class. [everyone MANDATORY]

Post  Danielle Hale Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:53 am

Danielle shook her head, pulling her covers further over her head. She knew it was the pre-carnival muggle currency talk.. thing, but really Dani had more important things on her mind. Her hair looked like a birds nest, she felt like crap and worst of all, she knew Alec would be there. She hadn’t spoken to him since their argument and so far she wanted to keep it that way. Dani hadn’t gotten out of bed yesterday until midday and when she finally did, she stayed in the common room just staring at the fire. Her friends had come, but she just didn’t want to talk, she couldn’t face anyone. Danielle was so embarrassed and she was lucky she had come down when almost everyone was out of the common room, in their lessons. The students that were there gave her space, staring at her but no one had the guts to approach her. Her roommates left her alone for the most part, they weren’t the best of friends but Dani didn’t dare go over to Othello. She didn’t want to see any of them, at least her roommates told her professors that she wasn’t feeling well.

It seemed they had already left the dorm, as she opened an eye to peer around. Sliding out of bed, Danielle rubbed her eyes and hopped in the shower. She wanted to avoid Alec as much as possible, but everyone would be in that auditorium. Brooke had told her a few days ago that everyone had to go otherwise they wouldn’t be going to the carnival, and Brooke would notice if she wasn’t there. Dani didn’t feel like doing anything but knew she had to look good. As the hot water ran over her, she sighed, wondering what the whole point was. She didn’t want Alec seeing her like this, so upset, when it had been yesterday, not just a few minutes ago. It was still raw in her mind, Dani couldn’t forget it, the look on his face, the look on everyone’s face. She was so ashamed and embarrassed she didn’t know how she could face them.

After she had finished in the bathroom, Dani began looking for clothes, her wardrobe wide open, she grabbed her black strappy top, her ripped jeans and her favourite heels. She brushed her hair and put a dark gold butterfly clip in her hair after finishing her make up, and began carefully walking downstairs. Dani could only take comfort in the fact that no one else could see her at that moment. She walked along the corridor and down the stairs, glancing down the hall at the Othello common room. Shaking her head, Dani continued down the stairs and saw the last few stragglers coming in, she quickly followed.

As soon as she entered, Dani looked around for Gabrielle, she wanted a seat as quickly as possible. Spotting her blonde hair, Dani began walking towards them, sliding along the long row of seats until she saw someone else. Swallowing nervously, Dani continued, Alec was behind her seat, she sharply turned her head to the stage. Focussing on her aunt as she hurriedly sat down in her seat waiting for it to start. "Hi Gabs, Mich" She gave a sad smile and before, unfortunately no sooner had she sat down did her aunt began to talk, quickly introducing her daughter. Dani gave a small smile, she had seen Lauren at the beginning of the week, talking it through with her aunt on how to break the news to Professor Baker. She had spoken to Legs before she had argued with Alec, and she hated to think that, had she come any later, Dani wouldn’t have seen her until today. Lauren was a gorgeous little girl and by the looks of it, Professor Baker didn’t seem too bothered. She heard a shout right behind her ear, frowning, Dani rolled her eyes.

She really wasn’t in the mood for this.
Danielle Hale
Danielle Hale
Admin

http://braedan-institude.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Sophia Adams Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:35 am

Emily was finally out of the infirmary. Had been released last night and had slept in her own bed and was able to go to the silly pre-carnival muggle studies class. She stretched in her bed, flinging off the covers to get ready. She was excited, to get out strangely enough, considering she had been cooped up in the common room and the infirmary it would be nice to go a little further. Emily quickly shoved on her clothes
after a quick shower, lacing up her trainers and walking down into the common room. She found Alec had left without her and with a roll of her eyes, Emily slid out of the common room with the others, happy that she was finally out and the only evidence of her mishap was the cuts along her arms and under her eye that were both slowly healing.

She walked briskly along the corridor, it felt oddly quiet without anyone else around, Ruby, Alec, Jake, Kyle or Jared. She walked down the stairs, along to the auditorium, joining the stragglers, like it seems Danielle Hale. Shrinking behind her, Emily carefully watched to make sure Dani didn’t see her, she really didn’t want to freak her out when Alec probably wanted to talk to her, if she knew what was good for him. As soon as she got in, and saw Dani sit down, Emily smiled and joined the others, sitting next to Ruby. She glanced at Alec and Dani, before Professor Gaiman introduced her daughter. She wanted them to be together, Alec and Dani just fit together, she couldn’t see Alec with anyone else.

Sliding her sunglasses off, resting them on top of her head, Emily couldn’t help sneaking a look at her arms and then looking around to find those girls, her brow furrowed. “Wow” Her eyes widened, “That’s weird!” Her mouth was wide open as she processed the news, the professor was so young! It was unbelievable. Jared soon spoke out, resulting in a laugh from her as she looked at him grinning with a shake of her head. Those two would be good together, shame it wasn’t allowed, Emily thought they would be such a good couple.
Emily Sophia Adams
Emily Sophia Adams
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:33 pm

Waking up was not a problem for Jasper. It rarely, if ever, caused trouble, due to his inescapable insomnia and preference for the night. While Kyle and Jared and his other roommates had slept, he had sat in the dark, eyes picking up everything and more just as they did in the daylight, and resisted the hunger. Often, he would simply read, as was typical Jasper behavior. Last night, however, he was consumed with worry -worry of all the things that could possibly go wrong when he and his insufferable instincts were tossed once again into the Carnival. He had narrowly managed to avoid trouble on his own each time past he had attended, but last year had nearly driven him mad with hunger. It was, frankly, frightening, even for a seventeen year old boy who had been dealing with his unfortunate genetics for quite a while as maturely and calmly as possible. Jasper didn't want to hurt anway, and that was his greatest fear. He kept this to himself, of course -quiet was an understatement when it came to his persona. It was better to be silent than wake his roomies and deal with grumpy ass teenage boys. It was, then, a bright-eyed Jasper that watched as sleepy Kyle and Jared managed to drag themselves from their beds. He smiled slightly in greeting but said nothing. Even if he had chosen to say good morning, he would have most likely been greeted with a grunt or a hmmph. Neanderthal language.

His roomies were significantly more awake but still not quite functioning as they hit the auditorium. Jasper quietly noticed the yawns of many of the students, catching glimpses of several of those he knew. Ruby swept by them and give Jared a flirtatious smile, leaving Jasper to sigh in relief -she had a dangerous pull, and the scent of her...shaking it off, he frowned at himself. He was such an animal that it was amazing he managed to act humanly most of the time. He scanned the crowd again as he followed his friends and found Emily, to whom he cast a smile. She was so beautiful. Jasper tore his eyes from her, making a mental note to ask her how she was doing later and not make an idiot out of himself, then shyly turned away from a group of fourth years waving at him and giggling slyly. Swallowing bashfully, he focused on getting seated, and no sooner had he sat than Brooke was talking, talking...wait, what? His eyes widened slightly but he didn't move from his relaxed, slightly slouched position, simply raised a brow and glanced at his friends. Lauren was cute. Too cute. He felt anxiety rise up in his chest and couldn't help but quelch it in frustration. Nerves caused him to lose control, and he'd kept control for the majority of his entire life -if he didn't calm down, however, Jasper knew he'd lose that battle. A child at OHA wasn't a problem, as long as that child stayed inside at night. A slight chill rose up his spine, but he ignored it.
"Well. That's...unexpected."

Vivalia da Vici was, as always, fashionably late. It was her policy, duh -if you walked in just a bit late, everyone had to look at you. It was a proven fact that unless they were totally brainless, they would be forced by curiosity to see what everyone else was looking at. She'd been doing it since day one at OHA, but her grades and her Daddy's money kept her safe from too much opposition. Besides, everyone was so used to it by now that she was almost worried that her surprise factor was totally worn off. What a total drag! Fluffing her hair one last time, waves of auburn gold sliding through her manicured fingers, she finished her very Vivi-like ensemble with a neon green scarf and marched with her usual flourish and attitude from her dormitory. She took her time getting to the auditorium, and, as it were, by the time she stepped through the doors with a beautiful and childishly innocent look familiar to all that knew her, Brooke had finished her announcement and she was clueless as to what everyone looked so shocked for. In fact, she thought it was perhaps her arrival -how odd. Vivi smirked. It wasn't like she didn't do it all the time. Spotting Ruby as if she had a radar, she began to climb to her while her eyes quickly then found her future husbandAlec sitting without Dani. Biting her lip and wriggling with glee, she slid across the row to her seat near Ruby and Jake and smiled at the two of them, leaning over and giving Jake a friendly peck on the cheek as usual.

Her bejeweled hand ran through her hair again and the bangles on her wrist glistened in the auditorium lights. She looked around one more time and tried to catch Alec's eyes, but he wouldn't look at her. Hell. Sniffing haughtily, her eyes finally found the stage, where Brooke and Will were standing with -what in Caesar's name? Before she could stop herself, she leaned forward and in her usual fashion blurted (thankfully not loud enough for the entire auditorium to hear her), "um, who's the brat?" Wide green eyes waited expectantly for the every wise Ruby to answer and meanwhile playfully nudged Jake with her elbow. "Smile, it's not that early."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:52 am

The little muggle clock was going to end up on the ground someday soon if Gabs didn’t find out how to shut it up. “I’m going to levitate that thing out the window one of these days.” Adrienne said as she struggled to get out from underneath her covers. Neither Gabs or Adrienne were really morning people, night owls fit their style much better. The night life was just so much more exciting, so she never really got to see a sun rise, who cares? After all the first color of a sunrise is white and sunsets are full of color, much more interesting. She smiled at the two girls as Gabe argued to stay in bed and sat on the edge of her bed putting her hair in pig tail braids. Adrienne didn't care if it was "fashionable" it kept the hair out of her face and quite frankly, her curls looked better afterward. Once they finally agreed that Gabe did have to go Adrienne figured she should get dressed as well.

She got herself up from the bed and made her way over to her wardrobe and got dressed in an outfit that she had always personally enjoyed. She really didn’t need to go, she already knew how to use muggle money. Adrienne’s father had always loved and been fascinated by muggles, which was probably why he married one. And along with Adrienne’s father being a muggle lover Adrienne and her mother had an incredibly close relationship. This reminded her that she would have to send her a letter soon.

After much prodding and convincing all the girls finally made their way to the auditorium for the much unwanted meeting. As they walked into the hall and fell behind Alec and Jake Adrienne looked over to Gabs. Adrienne shared the feelings of near hatred toward Jake but she wasn’t so sure she could be mad at Alec. She knew he had made Dani cry and that there was just all together drama between the two of them but she kinda sided with Alec.

Once the girls had reached the auditorium and sat in front of the two men who might have well been Australia’s most wanted they waited for the class to begin. Before anything could get off the ground the Ms. Gaiman introduced her adorable little daughter. “Aw, isn’t she cute?” She leaned over and whispered to Gabs as she spoke. It really was nice to have a little girl here. It would make this school more like home and less like a place with huge walls.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyle Chapman Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:12 am

Kyle dragged himself out of his bed and around the room not really knowing what he was doing. He stopped for a second to think. Finally noticing Jared coming out of the wardrobe, Kyle pushed his feet over to it and rummaged around a little till he found clean clothes. He wondered back out and slipped his feet into shoes. He was seriously going to have to talk to his dad about making things so early. It's just dumb. Making the whole student body wake up early to learn how to deal with money. He didn't understand why the carnival had to be in muggle money. That just made things more difficult.

Kyle couldn't help but want to kick Jasper for not being so tired looking. While Kyle was use to Jasper not sleeping like him and Jared, it still drove him crazy. That was besides the point now. Kyle kicked a sock, and followed Jared down towards the auditorium. He rolled his eyes at a couple comments from half awake kids and couldn't help but notice how tired everyone seemed. He caught sight of Gabrielle and Michelle ahead of them, and seriously thought about calling out to them, but decided not to. He knew Gabrielle wasn't a morning person, so it would probably be better to talk to her after being in the auditorium.

Once again, following Jared, they situated themselves by Jake and Alec and behind the twins. He pulled lightly on a piece of Gabrielle's hair, letting her know that he was behind her. He stared up at the stage, noticing his father, Jared's Uncle, and Professor Gaiman...and a little girl. Kyle raised his eyebrows, slowly beginning to really wake up, and listened as Professor Gaiman introduced...her daughter. He let his mouth fall open and nodded after Jasper and Jared commented. "A little kid on campus. That'll be weird."

----

Michelle was up before Gabrielle and Adrienne, but that was normal. She was in and out of the shower and dressed even before Gab's muggle alarm clock went off. She plopped back down on her bed and dragged a brush through her hair. She couldn't help but laugh slightly as Gab tried to drag herself out of bed. When she asked if she could stay, Michelle simply shook her head. It wasn't that big of a deal. They'd go down, listen to whatever Professor Gaiman said, then be done. When Gabrielle stomped around, Michelle just stared at her. Sometimes she couldn't see how they were sisters, much less twins. They were so different. Michelle was up and usually ready before Gabrielle was even out of bed. Half of the time she was already out the door. Then there was the fact that Gab was so much more out spoken that Michelle. It wasn't that Michelle was quiet, because she wasn't, not at all, it was just she was quieter than her sister. Though, when you list the differences you have to list the similarities. They both loved animals, they had enough to fill a small zoo, they were both good friends, once the friends got past the fact that the twins practically owned an island, and they were best friends. Nothing could change that.

Michelle lead the way out of their dorms and down to the auditorium. She noticed Alec and Jake in front of them, but didn't say anything. Alec and Dani were...in a situation, and then she usually didn't talk to Jake often. Actually, she hadn't talked to him yet this year. She should write him soon. Her relationship with Jake was...odd to be simple with it. It didn't make any sense. Basically everyone she was good friends with (minus the guys) hated Jake, but yet, she still got along fairly well with him. Actually, she'd go as far as to call him one of her better friends. Not because they spent a million hours together, but because when they did talk, it was so easy.

Michelle followed Gabrielle into the row in front of the boys, and didn't have to wait long until Danielle found them. She smiled at her friend, before turning and watching the stage. She quickly noticed the extra person on stage and tilted her head slightly. Once Professor Gaiman was done introducing her little girl, she smiled. It would be a nice little change around the school. She glanced back at Jared as he yelled out to his uncle. She thought about waiting to catch his eye, but turned around before she did. She'd just catch him after the class thing.

-----

Legs wasn't bored. Actually, she was trying to get a better view of the big room, so she could see all the big kids filing in. But of course her mum was standing in front of her. She let her legs swing back and forth while she waited for Baggy to talk to her again. She was sitting by Baggy's friend, but she didn't know how she felt about him yet. He didn't seem to happy to meet her. She smiled brightly as Baggy reached out and took her hand. She followed her mum to the middle of the stage and looked out at all the big kids. She wanted to go play and not be up here. She looked up at her mum as she started talking. When Legs realized that she was talking about her, she looked back at all the kids and smiled again.

Then a thought hit her, she quickly pulled on her mum's hand, "Not Lauren Elizabeth! Legs! Baggy, Legs!" She nodded quickly, hoping her mum would tell the big kids to call her Legs, not Lauren Elizabeth. Her grandma called her Lauren. That wasn't fun at all.
Kyle Chapman
Kyle Chapman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Lawson Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:33 am

Jake rolled his eyes, he couldn’t sleep. He hadn’t been able to since he remembered the pre-carnival muggle class, and he was just laying there. Shaking his head, he threw his covers off and stumbled into the bathroom. Jake wasn’t sure how the class would go, it was all about muggle money which was pretty weird anyway, Professor Gaiman would probably have fun talking to the whole school about how to use and to be careful they didn’t let anything slip. Right. Jake was looking forward to the carnival though, a chance to hang around with his friends, take pictures of their final year together. Even, possibly make a move on Ruby if she didn’t take it as all the other times.

Now, Jake must’ve been dreaming, it wasn’t likely that would happen. He wrapped a towel around his waist as he came out of the shower, walking into the dorm, into the large wardrobe to find some clothes. Jake began rummaging around, trying to find something to wear, when he heard Alec mumbling “Why are you awake so early?!” , he snorted, Alec really couldn’t remember? They had been told tons of times about it. “We have that stupid pre-carnival muggle studies class, remember?” Jake heard Alec groan and he laughed, it wasn’t too bad. They could probably get away with a chat or two if it really was boring, and they weren’t too loud. He grabbed a pair of jeans, quickly shoving them on and a shirt before searching through Alecs stuff for something for him to wear. He probably wouldn’t get up otherwise.

Walking out of the wardrobe fully dressed, he threw Alecs clothes at him. Jake turned around, sitting down on the bed before running a hand through his hair. It was way too early. “Do we have to go?” Jake stared at him, what kind of dumb question was that? He felt like saying he should ask Dani to go so they could talk but really, he thought it was a bad idea, they would probably do more shouting than talking. Jake started walking out, seeing Alec right behind him, he walked through the common room with the other students. He walked down the stairs and along the corridor, into the auditorium, to see Professor Gaiman, Professor Baker and the headmaster all on the stage.

Jake looked to the seats at the back, sliding in before muttering to Alec “This looks like fun”. Once everyone had sat down and gotten comfortable, he realized Gabrielle and Michelle had sat down in front of them, Dani a minute later. She looked just as …amazing as ever if a little pissy but that wasn’t surprising. Jake glanced to Alec and then smiled as Emily joined them saying a quick ‘hi’. Ruby was sat beside him but she seemed a bit moody, with a weird look on her face. Professor Gaiman started talking so he began listening, at the end he didn’t really know what to say. “She sorta looks like Gaiman…Weird.” Jake shook his head, he was pretty disappointed to say the hottest professor at Oasis was one of the only one’s with a kid but did that mean the dad wasn’t around? Sorta sucked. Jared opened his mouth and shouted to his uncle, Jake snorting while his uncle stared back at the group. “Nice one”

Vivalia finally burst in when everyone was sat down, sitting next to Ruby and leaning over to give him a peck. He watched her for a second, frowning a little, it wasn’t fair of Vivi to pounce on Alec right now although it was just like her. Jake looked back to the stage until he felt someone nudge him in the side, he rolled his eyes, flashing her a smile “Yeah it is” he said with a shrug of his shoulders. The little girl was a quite, unexpected.

Last edited by Jacob Lawson on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacob Lawson
Jacob Lawson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:51 pm

Miles yawned and ran his fingers tiredly through his hair. He was not a morning person. He tiredly rolled out of bed and trudged towards the bathroom to get ready. When Miles was done, he headed out the door. It was time to learn how to use muggle money. He had a pretty good grasp on it due to all of the muggle books he had read, but Miles figured that a class on it wouldn't hurt. That, and the fact that the class was mandatory, made Miles speed up his usually leisurely stroll.

As he made his was into the auditorium, Miles paused for a moment to let some other people pass by. He hooked his thumbs through the belt loops on his jeans and grinned. Judging by the faces of a couple his fellow students, morning was not their thing either. Miles scanned the crowd and recognized a friend or two. Still, Miles chose to go sit relatively on his own. He found that it was easier to concentrate if he didn't have someone whispering in his ear. Then again, Miles wasn't quite sure how he was going to stay awake. He settled into his seat and waited for someone to begin talking.

That someone was Professor Gaiman, and her news was not something one would expect. Upon hearing her declaration, Miles raised an eyebrow bemusedly. The little girl was pretty adorable, but still- Professor Gaiman with a kid? He never would have guessed that. Who was Miles to say anything, though? The girl looked pretty happy to be here. And Miles was interested to see how this would all play out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:15 pm

Another day, another boring class to attend. That was nothing out of the ordinary what was is that it was a muggle studies class; not just any muggle studies class but a mandatory class. A class about muggles for a muggle born, how exciting. What was the point? She already knew everything there was to know about using muggle currency, making change and behaving like “normal” people. She knew more about muggles then the professors and students combined, had been a help to muggle study students of all ages since her fist year at O.H.A. and the professor didn't even ask for her help. Granted she must be very knowledgeable or she would not have been hired but Artemis could be used as a valuable resource for the class. While being muggle born is nothing she would ever advertise, everyone at Oasis knew about her parents by now so what did she have to hide? The staffs' mandatory presence did earn a chuckle out of her though.

Either way it was an unavoidable evil, either attend the class or not attend the carnival and that was not something she wanted to miss. She tugged on her garb for the day and looked herself over in the mirror for a moment before walking out of the dorm. Still upset about having to attend, she took her time in the hallways. She could be using this time for more important things such as studying for transfiguration, a class she dreaded going to. Sleeping would even be more important then attending this ridiculous event. When she originally heard the news about the class she assumed it would be for those who needed it, but not mandatory. Then she saw the posters hung up around the school with the word blazing across the parchment. She was thinking about talking to the professor about it but then figured if the professor wanted her help then she would ask. Let her come to you, Artemis, she had told herself. The request never came.

She joined the crowd somewhere between those prompt few and the stragglers, just in time to hear the announcement of a daughter and a wish of welcome. She paid little attention to the anxious professor and just took in the little girl. Cute, but not cute enough to merit her attendance. “Lauren Elizabeth...That's a mouthful.” Then she took in the professor, the little girl's mother. She looked surprisingly young, much younger then expected. Artemis had never seen her before and Ms. Gaiman was far from what she had pictured. She had imagined some old hag who had tales of time she had spent "carefully documenting the lives of muggles by living among them, blah, blah, blah." The woman looked happy, albeit nervous, to be there and it washed away some of the bitter feelings Artemis had carried to the assembly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruby Marie Chapman Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:05 am

Brooke held her breath as the students took in her announcement. It was a lot to throw at them, and her muggle studies students would probably be the most affected. She looked down at Legs, who was staring wide-eyed at the crowd. She smiled gently as Legs corrected her, telling Brooke to call her Legs. “My apologies. Please be sure to call her Legs, everyone”, Brooke said, turning her gaze back to the students. She looked back at Will, before blinking and shooting her gaze back to the students when she heard an outburst from a familiar voice. “Ohh. That’s got to suck, uncle Will!” Brooke’s gaze became panicked for a moment before she turned her attention to Will and Headmaster Chapman. Headmaster Chapman was giving Will a questioning glance, but Will quickly laughed it off as a joke. Brooke sighed in relief, turning her gaze back to the students to see more reactions. Her gaze picked out Alec and Gabrielle, who just looked shocked, though Gabrielle seemed to get over her shock fairly quickly. A light frown came to her face when she heard a low “Ew.” from the crowd. No doubt that was Ruby Marie Chapman. Of course it was.

Brooke squeezed Lauren’s hand reassuringly. Her eyes picked out Dani, who was smiling, though had a sad sort of look to her face. Brooke made a mental note to talk to her later. The group that Dani was sitting with was quite possibly the largest in the school. Brooke was really only focusing on the reactions of people who were friends with, or at least knew Dani. Her gaze turned to Emily Sophia Adams next, who claimed that it was ‘weird’. Brooke smiled wryly. Jasper Emerson looked rather uncomfortable with the whole situation. Brooke’s gaze finally turned to a late comer. Vivalia da Vici. Of course she was late. She was always late. That girl loved to make an entrance. “Nice of you to finally join us, Ms. da Vici”, Brooke said. Vivalia seemed to ignore her as the girl leaned closer to Ruby Marie Chapman, whispering something to her.

----

Alec had gotten over the shock of Dani’s aunt having a child pretty quickly. Instead, he was focusing on the newest arrival in the group. Dani. Shit she looked good today... Alec held back a groan, and closed his eyes, leaning his head back against the chair. He felt a hand clasp his shoulder, and cracked one eye open to see Jared giving him a sympathetic look. Alec smiled slightly, and looked down at Dani. She was sitting beside Gabrielle, not looking shocked about the whole Brooke-having-a-daughter thing, though not exactly looking happy about being there. Alec sighed. Gabrielle must have heard him, because she had turned around and was glaring at him. Alec raised an eyebrow at her. He was really starting to get over Gabrielle’s attitude. It was like he could do nothing right when it came to Dani. And he now knew how Jared felt on a daily basis. Gabrielle turned away from Alec to place an arm around her best friend’s shoulders. As she did, Vivi appeared, sitting beside Ruby, whispering to her. He watched as she looked at him. For once since that night back in his fifth year, Alec was actually relieved to know he had someone who wasn’t pissed off at him.

With this in mind, he leaned forward slightly, catching Vivi’s eye. He smiled at her, and gave a slight wave. “Hi, Vivi”, he said, his voice low. Apparently Gabrielle had the hearing of a bat, because within seconds, the youngest Amorcya twin was looking at him, her eyes narrowed into slits. Alec finally did groan, leaning back in his seat. “Man. I am so over this”, he said, looking at Jake. “Can we just get this stupid lesson over and done with so I can go back to my dorm and kill myself?”
----

Gabrielle let out a little squeal of excitement when Professor Gaiman mentioned that the students should call her daughter ‘Legs’. That was adorable. Honestly. Professor Gaiman was a genius for naming her daughter Lauren Elizabeth Gaiman. She almost squealed again when the little girl called her mother ‘Baggy’. That one she didn’t quite understand, but then, Gabrielle didn’t know Professor Gaiman’s full name. She had to laugh at Jared’s little outburst. It wasn’t exactly a secret that Professor Gaiman and Professor Baker were hot for each other. Gabrielle wondered if they’d actually done it, yet. It would probably help to get rid of the sexual tension that was obviously between them. The sound of Jared’s voice also meant something. Gabrielle whirled around in her seat and looked at the seat beside Jared’s. Kyle was there. With a small grin, Gabrielle got onto her knees and leaned over the back of her seat, holding herself up by holding onto the armrest of Kyle’s seat. “Hi, you”, she said, smiling slightly. She pushed herself forward more, and kissed Kyle on the lips before letting herself slide back into her own seat.

She heard a sigh from behind her, and immediately whirled around again, glaring at Alec. Ugh. He was currently her point of hatred. She’d even decided to give Jared a break, just to show Alec just how much trouble he was in. After a moment, Gabrielle turned back to the stage, sliding one arm around Dani’s shoulders, pulling her best friend closer to her in a comforting manner. For a moment, everything was silent. And then... “Hi, Vivi.” Gabrielle whirled around in her seat again, her eyes narrowed into slits. Oh, he did not just greet Vivi. That was a GIANT no-no. Gabrielle knew that Dani didn’t like Vivi. Gabrielle did, but she pretended not to while Dani was around. It was the plan she and Vivi had come up with one summer. The two, along with Michelle, had practically grown up together. Vivi’s mother was Gabrielle’s mother’s favourite designer, so they were always seeing each other. Gabrielle faced the stage again as Alec asked if they could get the lesson over with. Apparently he wanted to go back to his dorm and kill himself. Good.

----

Jared got a respective laugh out of the students for his outburst. The biggest shock, however, was hearing Gabrielle laughing in front of him. Jared leaned forward slightly, his face next to Michelle’s. He looked at her and kissed her on the cheek. “I think Gabrielle’s lost it. She’s laughing at something I said”, he said, grinning slightly. He leaned back into his own seat, and watched what was happening on the stage. Will looked uncomfortable, and the Headmaster looked suspicious. Professor Gaiman looked a bit panicked, but she got over it within seconds. He found it amusing that Will had a girlfriend with a kid. His uncle Will hadn’t spent any time with a child that age since... well, Jared. Jared shook his head, and turned his gaze to Alec. The poor guy. His girlfriend was ignoring him, and his girlfriend’s best friend was treating him like she treated Jared. Jared clapped his hand to Alec’s shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze. Alec cracked an eye open and gave Jared a slight smile. Then Vivi appeared. She kind of freaked Jared out with her obsession of Alec. He’d never seen anyone so obsessed before.

Then Alec did something he’d never done before. He smiled, waved and greeted Vivi. Ohh, he was in for it now. Gabrielle had whirled around in her seat and was giving Alec the worst look Jared had ever seen her use. She’d never used it on him before and Gabrielle absolutely loathed Jared. He honestly didn’t know what was going on anymore. He just really hoped Alec didn’t do something stupid while he was on a Dani hiatus.

----

Ruby could really care less about what to call the stupid kid. Honestly, it was a kid. How often were they going to see it? Ruby was sure that the muggle lover had only brought her kid here to show off and act like she had something to be proud of. Because honestly, what was so great about being a Muggle Studies professor? Nothing. At least if she taught something worthwhile, Ruby would respect her. But Ruby didn’t really care about muggles. They didn’t do anything exciting enough for Ruby to care about. The only thing she got out of muggles was sex. And from her experience, a lot of them weren’t even that great at it when they were drunk. And she couldn’t exactly have sex with them while they were sober, could she? She’d seen what males were like. Expecting more out of it than what she was willing to give them. Honestly. She was Ruby Marie freaking Chapman. She didn’t have to commit to anyone except Jake. Ruby made a gagging motion with her finger, before turning her gaze to Vivi, who had just arrived. Making an entrance, as usual. “Um, who’s the brat?”

Ruby smirked somewhat. At least she wasn’t the only one thinking that. “Spawn of the muggle lover”, Ruby replied. She watched as Vivi leaned across her to give Jake a peck on the cheek. A friendly kiss, Ruby hoped. She leaned back in her seat slightly, watching as Gabrielle all but climbed over her seat to make out with her brother. Ugh. She wished that Amorcya girl would just leave Kyle alone! He’d be so much better off without her. Maybe if she could get Kyle and Vivi together... no, that would never work. Vivi had her eyes set on Alec. Speaking of whom, Alec had just leaned forward in his seat to smile, wave and greet Vivi. Ruby’s mouth practically fell open. That was more than she’d ever gotten from the werewolf. Ruby smirked slightly, and nudged her friend gently in the side. “Looks like a certain werewolf is warming up to you, Vivi”, she said. Ruby completely encouraged Vivi’s obsession crush on Alec. Better she crush on Alec than Jake. Ruby wouldn’t stand for it if Vivi tried to make Jake anything more than her friend.
Ruby Marie Chapman
Ruby Marie Chapman

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Hale Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:04 am

She couldn't help smiling as she heard Brooke say 'Legs' instead of 'Lauren'. Everyone else had started talking between themselves about her cousin, some of it good, some of it not so much. Dani watched Gabrielle turn around as she shook her head then Gabs turning back to put her arm around her shoulders. She took a deep breath, hearing Alec's smooth voice calling Vivi behind her. Her knuckles white as she restrained herself from whipping round and punching him in the face, no matter how muggle the thought was, Dani could see it was the most satisfying she could come up with. Gabrielle turned around again, and Dani lost interest as she greeted her boyfriend, while Dani just tried to ignore it.

She wasn't even talking to hers, he was sitting there waving to Vivi while they were ... 'on a break'. Dani could've laughed at that, he hadn't even tried to apologise. She was fuming with Alec but that didn't mean she didn't miss him, she wasn't even sitting next to him. That would just look like they had broken up anyway, Vivi at the front of the crowd to go jump him. Dani heard Ruby a row behind and a few seats along, “Looks like a certain werewolf is warming up to you, Vivi”. That was it. Alec opened his mouth, "Man. I am so over this"Dani slowly turned around, "Alec just shut it" She frowned, hissing at him. She whipped around to listen to her aunt once again, not before throwing Vivi a cold look. Dani folded her arms, and sighed, looking straight ahead. Alec had some nerve. She saw Adrienne sitting near Gabrielle and wondered when she arrived.
Danielle Hale
Danielle Hale
Admin

http://braedan-institude.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Stephen rolled over in his bed. It had been a restless night, filled with short dreams he couldn't remember, multiple instances of waking up in a cold sweat, and general insomnia. His vision was bleary, his mind in a fog until he remembered what was going on this morning: the pre-carnival muggle studies lecture. He snapped his head towards the clock on the nightstand and heard a crack from his neck that shot pain down his spine and made him groan in agony. He fell out of his bed onto his knees and looked at the clock again, finding the assembly was in less than two minutes!

Stephen quickly pulled on a pair of jeans and a plain black tee-shirt before kicking Billie's bed to startle him up. "Hey, pick up your lazy arse, we're late for that assembly." Not even waiting to see if it had worked, Stephen rushed to the bathroom to splash cool water on his face, he at least needed something to force the image of composure. He looked into the mirror, eyes still bloodshot but that couldn't be helped.

Rushing down the halls, the only other person Stephen saw was a Malvolio he recognized as Vivalia, another latecomer making him feel not quite as bad as he should have. Slipping in right behind her, he decided to stay at the back of the auditorium so as not to interrupt the people already seated by moving through and in front of them.

Establishing a piece of wall to lean on he was just able to hear Professor Gaiman announce that the little girl taggin along behind her on stage was her daughter. 'Daughter? When did she find time for that?' Stephen thought to himself. He supposed it wasn't the weirdest of things to happen at this school, but it was definitely something.

-----------------------------

John had been awake for a few hours, looking out the window of his bedroom to the rising sun. Sunrises were different wherever you lived, here on a private island was about as different as you could get from the deserts of the American southwest. Of course, he only had those two locations to presume from, but still, things were very different between them. The sun had now been in the sky a few hours and it was time to begin his day.

John knew about the required class in the auditorium everyone had to be at so they could attend the carnival. Personally, John didn't feel like going, he didn't even know if he would be spending any time at the carnival. But he figured there wouldn't be anything else going on this Saturday morning with the class going on, so he might as well. Not feeling the need to get all dressy for something simple, he put on a gray tank top and some faded jeans and headed for the auditorium.

In the halls just outside the auditorium, John spotted Alec stepping through the entrance doors and, figuring he might as well sit next to someone he knew, followed quickly through and down the aisle. He passed by the row where Ruby was sitting, looking less happy to be here than John felt, but he just kept a straight face. He saw where Alec had ended up sitting and decided to use the row right behind him so as not to crowd anyone with his enormous shoulders.

"Hey," was all he said to the guys right in front of him. John just wasn't much one for conversation, never really had been. Lookingto the stage, he saw Professor Gaiman with the little girl he had met just the other day, little Legs. When she introduced Legs as her daughter, John simply smiled. Everyone else in the auditorium had gasped, some sprouting into chatter as well as some calls going out from the more vocal students. John must have been the only one who had known previously. This assembly had been worth it after all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Jasper caught Professor Gaiman’s gaze, but in a very un-Jasper-like move, he chosen to look away. The last thing he needed was for her to realize that he could smell and hear her little girl’s blood back in the depths of the auditorium. It wasn’t exactly new –however, whereas Jasper was used to his classmates and their scents and their sounds, all of the little extras he had been ‘blessed’ with, Lauren was not only new blood, but a fresh, enticing scent…and a child. Jasper felt himself shudder slightly at the utter disgust he felt for his carnal desires. He wondered silently if Alec could smell her, too, and glanced over in his direction. Their encounter last full moon had been an interesting one…and if not for quick thinking and Jasper being a bit faster (although not much), it may have ended badly for one of them. The memories were quite foggy for him, and he didn’t know about Alec or Corey. He did know, however, that if anyone understood how uncomfortable he felt at that particular moment, it would be one of those two.

The drama was annoying. Alec was rightfully frustrated, although Jasper couldn’t help but smile slightly at the fact that his frustration resulted in actually speaking to and acknowledging Vivalia da Vici’s existence. Jasper glanced in her direction, noting that she was quite flushed at the recognition, and his eyes moved from her, to Ruby, whose gaze he caught (cautiously –you could never been too careful with that one), to Jake, looking dreadfully bothered by something, and back to the stage where little Lauren was standing. Her eyes were so bright that Jasper could see them from his seat, although it helped that he had particularly fantastic vision. He made himself look at her, take her in, in an attempt to get used to her, but his heart pounded erratically in his ears the entire ten seconds before his eyes darted elsewhere. Jasper felt like such a damned danger to society. Shit. He yawned sleepily, thinking strongly about going to bed after this and avoiding the whole carnival to-do and the stress it brought with it altogether. No unfamiliar, enticing human scents. No temptation. No nightfall to fire his instincts. He had managed to avoid it all but one year of his time at Oasis Hill, but this time, he wasn’t so sure if the boys would let him get away with it so easily –and like hell he was going to tell him ‘oh, I don’t know, I’m afraid I’ll kill someone, maybe a kid, do crazy vampire shit’. Jasper worked so hard to be normal (other than the sleeping habits) that something like that would destroy all of his hard work.

Deciding to try to get out of the socialization later, he settled farther down in his seat and slit his eyes, focusing on anything but the little girl, her Mum, and the Deputy Headmaster. He would much rather stare at that beautiful crown molding, thanks.

………………….

At Professor Gaiman’s comment, Vivalia broke into a brilliant smile and waved at her, not embarrassed in the slightest –simply pleased that her grand entrance was noted by someone. “Anytime, Professor.” She tossed her hair and crossed her legs, sitting back in her seat in obvious pride before remembered what she was about to ask Ruby and leaning over to whisper, “So Dani and Alec are on the rocks?” No sooner had the words left her pretty little mouth before he caught her attention. Alec. Was. Talking. To. Her. Not avoiding her. Not conveniently skipping class. He was actually speaking to her. Vivi felt butterflies rise up excitedly in her stomach with a flush that grew to her cheeks, and if it was possible, her smile got even more brilliant. Somewhere in her surprise and excitement she still found the sense to lower her lashes over her big emerald eyes and hold her head in the most flattering light (she could thank her mother for that trick) before opening her mouth, her voice surprisingly soft and more than a little ecstatic. In fact, she practically purred at him. “Hi, Alec.”

Her little moment of bliss was rudely interrupted by Danielle, and Vivi shot her a venomous glance that was returned without hesitation. That girl had serious issues. Sure, she was pretty…popular…okay, she was downright perfect, but upset with Alec? Over something so silly? Well, Vivi didn’t actually know what the fight was all about…but whatever. It had to be absolutely frivolous, because that ‘s just the kind of girl that Danielle Hale was. She smirked at Gabs’ reaction and giggled to herself. Their plan was so devious. It was just a testament to how great they both were at being fabulous and keeping secrets. At Ruby’s comment, Vivi paused in her thought process to respond to that hateful thing’s comment at Alec and instead bursting into a quiet giggle, covering her mouth and rolling her eyes at herself. She was nothing if not a laugher. “I know!” Her reply was very low so that no one but her friend could hear, and she bit her lip and stole another glance at him, furtive and admiring. Caesar, he was gorgeous. “So anyway, what happened? They’re broken up?” She could hardly contain her excitement, but Vivi somehow managed to keep quiet. The last thing she needed was nosy Danielle breaking into her a&b conversation. Ugh. How rude.

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Sophia Adams Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Emily saw Jasper out of the corner of her eye, smiling back at him she heard Professor Gaiman mention Vivi. Glancing to the left of her, she rolled her eyes as she saw the girl sit near Jake and Ruby, the look to Alec didn't go unnoticed. She didn't think Alec would even acknowledge Vivi, although it seemed she was mistaken. “Hi, Vivi”, even a little wave. Emily stared at him, openmouthed, "Do you have a death wish?!" Did Alec suddenly lose his brain at the mere sight of the slut?

She shook her head, Gabrielle had already turned around once, and the second time, the look on her face was a little understandable. Alec was not getting away with it, obviously as moments later Danielle turned around. "Alec just shut it" , Emily looked at Alec, trying to work out why he decided to open his big mouth. She heard Ruby a couple of seats down encouraging Vivi. She still felt guilty for Danielle and Alec, why was everyone so against them!? Emily sighed, "Am I the only here that wants you two to get back together?!" She whispered angrily to Alec.

Folding her arms, she concentrated on the little girl on the stage, anywhere but her friends. Emily really didn't like Vivi, now Ruby was encouraging Vivi to go for Alec - like she needed it. Alec was getting distracted, Dani was getting angry and it was all because of Vivi. Her eyes drifted from the stage to people around the auditorium. She wondered if Jasper had found a seat near her when he'd walked in. Emily shifted in her seat, 'nevermind'.

Dani must've known about Legs, she didn't seem too surprised. Emily didn't know what would be happening about the little girl. Who would look after her while Professor Gaiman was busy? Emily wasn't really too bothered, she just wanted her mind off what was happening around her, she wanted the professor to just get down to what they were supposed to be there for.
Emily Sophia Adams
Emily Sophia Adams
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down