Oasis Hill Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

CBOX
Latest topics
» Wine and Moving On. [Chad- Closed]
We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle} EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:06 am by Michelle Amorcya

» Life Sucks [Gabrielle- Closed]
We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle} EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:50 pm by Michelle Amorcya

» hello again, friend of a friend [maria, summer]
We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle} EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:43 am by Ella Raines

» boy i think about it every night and day [ kyle ; closed? ] i'm addicted, wanna jump inside your love
We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle} EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:55 am by Gabrielle Amorcya

» Clean Up Project
We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle} EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:43 am by Ella Raines

» you've gotta help me out [ ella's wall of shame ] it's all a blur, last night
We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle} EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 am by Ella Raines

» morning mischief [jake, emily, chad ; closed]
We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle} EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:39 am by Ruby Marie Chapman

» where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman
We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle} EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:25 am by Ruby Marie Chapman

» gabrielle amorcya `` plots
We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle} EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:22 am by Jacob Lawson

We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle}

Go down

We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle} Empty We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle}

Post  Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:32 pm

The sun waited pensively below the horizon to cast its rays through the hazy morning mist which lay like a steady blanket over the lush gardens. In the pre-dawn hours Billie Baxter had awoken to the insistent trill of a birdsong, and in a haze, had rubbed the sleep from his eyes, retrieved his old leather guitar case, and proceeded through the dark and empty halls of Oasis Hill Academy. The walk was a blur, but upon coming out into the fresh and crisp morning air, a light breeze brushed him, and it seemed the very world was telling him 'good morning'. His mood became contemplative, though not despondent. He wandered in a sort of blissful bemusement through the barely visible pruned foliage and garden paths, drifting in no particular direction, though thoroughly enjoying himself nonetheless.

He stopped suddenly, for ahead of him towered the colossal willow tree, its heavy boughs drooping down to caress the verdant grass. It seemed to be a symbol and center of serenity. He smiled to himself, wondering what his friends would say if they could hear his thoughts. But truly, deep down, he was a hopeless romantic, and when he was in this sort of place, he looked at the world through rose-tinted uncaring. So he approached the great tree, brushing aside the dew-laden tendrils, and stepped within the green cavern. The branches were twisted and old, with one that hung down a bit as though inviting him to sit upon it. He approached, and fit his back into the notch, crossing his legs and placing them on the upward slope of the branch. He sat, steadily becoming fully awake, until he decided to spend his time a little better.

He took the guitar case from his lap, and opened it up to reveal an old electric guitar. It seemed to call to him as he looked at it, like it always did. He drew his wand to cast the enchantments that let him use it without the inconvenience of the muggle amps. It had, in fact, been meant for a muggle, and had been given to Billie by a muggle, but he didn't feel too bad about using spells upon it. He took it from the case, which he dropped unceremoniously onto the wild grass beneath him, and close his eyes. His fingers found the cords, first strumming a nameless tune with his black pick, then turning to one he knew a little better. He first played the song without a word, then hummed it through. Finally, getting warmed up to it, he began to sing. His voice was rich and carried even though he wasn't singing particularly loud. The lyrics were some he had learned long ago from a girl he had been close to. He still sang it on occasion, though he no longer thought of her when he did.

You're a part time lover and a full time friend
The monkey on you're back is the latest trend
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you

I kiss you on the brain in the shadow of a train
I kiss you all starry eyed, my body's swinging from side to side
But you

Here is the church and here is the steeple
We sure are cute for two ugly people
But you

He paused, opening his eyes and looking up at the willow stretching above him, his fingers struggling to remember the rest as his mind struggled with the lyrics. He started up once more, sure of himself again.

Up up down down left right left right B A start
Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we're not smart
But you

You are always trying to keep it real
I'm in love with how you feel
But you

He stopped and sighed, the guitar laying forgotten on his lap. This year was not going quite as well as the year before. Most of his older friends were gone, and those he had now didn't seem to hang out with him as much. He assumed it was the same, but every year started out this way. It just was lasting longer. Maybe it was his lack of a girlfriend, or anything even close. He had usually been quite the ladies man, and surely still was, but he had already gained acquaintance with almost all the girls, and he wasn't too interested in flirting with the first years, so they weren't much of an addition. He blinked and suddenly noticed that it had grown quite light outside, and that the rays of the sun peeked through the willows tendrils like tentative fingers of light. He wished he could come to this place more often, it seemed almost to cleanse the mind and soul of the stresses of the week. He closed his eyes once more and took it all in.

Back to top Go down

We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle} Empty Re: We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle}

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:22 am

She took the deepest of breaths as she followed the path downwards into the garden. It was Gabrielle’s favourite place at the school. She loved to come down here in her free time and sit by the giant willow tree. The tree had been planted on the day the school opened. The first lot of first years had planted it during their Herbology class. Eighteen years later, the tree was still standing, and was larger than Gabrielle could’ve ever imagined. She loved the way the branches came down, almost touching the ground. They provided a shelter away from reality. A place for Gabrielle to go to forget all about the school, all about life. A place for Gabrielle to sit, and just dream.

Her footsteps fell softly on the cobbled pathway. The garden was cooler than the rest of the school. It was a good place to come on a hot summer’s day. The large variety of plants provided a nice, cool spot for teachers and students to escape to. She could hear the waterfall in the distance. The waterfall was Michelle’s favourite spot. Gabrielle and her sister would go there for picnics sometimes.

As she walked, Gabrielle’s ears picked up a familiar voice, singing familiar lyrics. “You’re a part time lover and a full time friend.” And that was when Gabrielle’s smile appeared. Her pace quickened, and within seconds, she’d reached the place she had wanted to be. Gently pushing back a few of the branches, Gabrielle’s gaze fell upon the familiar face of her best friend. It was hard to believe that the two had started out on such bad terms, given how inseparable they were now. Her heart did the familiar thing of beating faster as she quietly walked closer towards her friend. He looked troubled, almost sad. “Billie?” she said softly, gently. Every step brought her closer to her friend, until she was standing directly in front of him, looking at him.
Gabrielle Amorcya
Gabrielle Amorcya
Admin

Back to top Go down

We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle} Empty Re: We met upon a misty morning {Gabrielle}

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:08 pm

Billie sat upon the branch, his eyes closed as he felt the dew of early morning burned away by the gentle heat of the rising sun. He sighed and slid the guitar off his lap, laying in a more comfortable position as he thought. He was caught quite unaware by a sweet and gentle voice which was comfortingly familiar. His eyes opened and he looked up into the face of Gab, smiling down shyly at him. The light fell through the tree's and lit her hair like she was a sun of her own. He had to admit, she was the most gorgeous woman, inside and out, he had ever come across. He smiled up at her, and it grew into a grin as he propped himself up on one elbow.

"My my, if it isn't Gabrielle Amorcya. Fancy seeing you here." He said with a little bow. Then he straightened up and winked. "So then, missy, how are you? A bit early to be out and about if I must say." He said, scooting over and patting the little dip in the branch next to him suggestively. He loved sitting around with her, and figured he wasn't going to be doing much else this morning, or at least nothing important emough for him to leave to do. He hadn't chatted with Gab in... a week. Well, that wasn't too bad, but they usually talked allot. He was glad to finally have a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down