Oasis Hill Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

CBOX
Latest topics
» Wine and Moving On. [Chad- Closed]
Taste the RAINBOW! [open] EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:06 am by Michelle Amorcya

» Life Sucks [Gabrielle- Closed]
Taste the RAINBOW! [open] EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:50 pm by Michelle Amorcya

» hello again, friend of a friend [maria, summer]
Taste the RAINBOW! [open] EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:43 am by Ella Raines

» boy i think about it every night and day [ kyle ; closed? ] i'm addicted, wanna jump inside your love
Taste the RAINBOW! [open] EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:55 am by Gabrielle Amorcya

» Clean Up Project
Taste the RAINBOW! [open] EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:43 am by Ella Raines

» you've gotta help me out [ ella's wall of shame ] it's all a blur, last night
Taste the RAINBOW! [open] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 am by Ella Raines

» morning mischief [jake, emily, chad ; closed]
Taste the RAINBOW! [open] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:39 am by Ruby Marie Chapman

» where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman
Taste the RAINBOW! [open] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:25 am by Ruby Marie Chapman

» gabrielle amorcya `` plots
Taste the RAINBOW! [open] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:22 am by Jacob Lawson

Taste the RAINBOW! [open]

Go down

Taste the RAINBOW! [open] Empty Taste the RAINBOW! [open]

Post  Emily Sophia Adams Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:54 am

Emily didn't really know what to do, she couldn't be bothered to sit in the common room and make small talk with people she didn't like, unless of course Alec was there. She didn't think he was because she had been sat outside in the corridor for quite a while and not seen him or any of her friends go past for the moment. Emily was in fact, simply sat on the floor, looking around while doodling on a spare piece of parchment and making the picture dance around in front of her. It was her break, just before she had had her charms lesson and although she did have a bit of work to do now, she really didn’t want to do it. Holding the quill loosely in her hand, she stared down at the doodle in front of her, frowning she realized it was a bit faint. Emily picked up the inkwell and peered inside for a moment before rolling her eyes with a sigh.

Who would think that she would love her vast collection of quills and inkwells so much so that she frequently would need to make visits to the store to top up on her stationary. That was why she was making her trip, after dinner to the student store, with 20 sickles in her pocket for some more ink and parchment. Fiddling with the rose necklace, dangling in front of her, she slowly walked along the corridor to the shop. She had her bag hitting her hip with each step, one hand steadied it while she looked around. It had been a dull morning, filling her head with charms and so much N.E.W.T information stuck in her brain.

Emily pulled open the door to the student store, glancing around to locate the whereabouts of another pot of ink. There were several colours displayed towards the back, navy blue, black and a light turquoise. They even had reds, greens and a ghastly rainbow colour that the younger one's found quite entertaining. Emily ran her hand over the pots of ink, her usual 'midnight blue' was out of stock, so she would need to change, she supposed. Ultramarine was a very similar colour, and that would have to do, it was a bit lighter than she liked but it didn't matter that much. Emily shrugged, plucking the inkpot from the shelf when her eye caught another pot. In small handwriting on top of the lid was 'Permanent Red Violet', inside it was insanely bright. "Weird!"

Emily scanned the rest of the shelf for some other odd colours that she could pick up, at least then she wouldn't need to come back for a while.
Emily Sophia Adams
Emily Sophia Adams
Admin

Back to top Go down

Taste the RAINBOW! [open] Empty Re: Taste the RAINBOW! [open]

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:55 am

Cory was currently on a break between classes and had found himself finished with the schoolwork he had set aside for this time. He'd expected the assignment to take at least an hour, probably more, to complete, but it seemed that he had been overestimating his professor's ability to come up with a competent assignment. Okay, perhaps that was unfair, but he had been planning to fill up his entire break with this assignment, and now he had nothing left to do! He pinched the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger and ran his mind over several mental lists. He had now finished all of the assignments for the week and the weather outside was not welcoming for a romp around the grounds. He skimmed his to-do list and finally found something that could take up the remaining time between classes: he was running low on several key school supplies.

He gathered his work into neat piles on his desk, then straightened himself out before heading for the student store. White collared shirt tucked into black slacks, gray sweater-vest smooth and unwrinkled, shiny prefect's badge pinned on lapel. Check, check, check. He left his dormitory and was at the student store within minutes, heading straight for the back of the store to check off the first item on his supplies list: ink.

His approach hesitated for a moment as he recognized the girl that was already at the inkwell display. He had the distinct feeling that she didn't like him much, possibly from the fact that she had told him so outright. He'd appreciated the honesty, but not the sentiment so much. The weirdest part was that they weren't exactly on bad terms. It was more of an amiable dislike, if there was ever a less obvious oxymoron. "We aren't skipping class, I hope?" he said, rather stiffly. He could never really figure out how to act around Emily. Sometimes it made him seem kind of bipolar. He stepped beside her, examining the ink bottles on the shelf and the ones in her hands. He assumed the Ultramarine bottle was the one she was going to purchase, as she only seemed to be inspecting the bottle of violently red ink.

"You know color choice is supposed to say a lot about a person." he sized her up with his eyes as he recalled what blue was supposed to mean. "Blue is supposed to be the color of conservatism. I don't know. You don't look particularly patient or self-controlled to me. Perhaps they've gotten it wrong." He shrugged, eyes now going over the selection of inks on the wall.

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Sophia Adams Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:33 pm

Her eyes were running along the shelf when a cold voice spoke up "We aren't skipping class, I hope?". Emily froze, her lips pursed, she tensed and frowned all at the same time. That was how annoying Cory could be, copying his tone of voice, "Of course not." She answered icily. As he stepped closer to her, Emily moved back a little bit, prefect germs. Emily wondered if she could catch something, he was so pompous about his job. She could imagine him having everything organised, not a thing out of place. Emily bet he hated surprises too, he may be considered 'wild' but he was ridiculously strict. No matter how many parties he liked to be at, Cory was crazy.

She didn't know what he was doing here, probably the same thing she was but why did he just automatically assume she was skipping. Admittedly, Emily had skipped class at one time or another but it was hardly his business. She was still wondered whether to buy another colour, and she would prefer to do it in peace. Cory should just pick the boring black or some other colour that's equally prefect-like. She couldn't understand why some people thought they were similar, they were from the same country, they liked the same things except he likes rules and fellow prefects. Emily shuddered at the very thought. She couldn't wait to leave this place, and Cory behind with it.

"You know color choice is supposed to say a lot about a person." Well, that meant he should have 'Onyx' That matched him to a 'T', or 'X' rather. Emily sighed, waiting for whatever would come next, her hand tightened around the small bottle, her knuckles turning whiter and whiter. "Blue is supposed to be the color of conservatism. I don't know. You don't look particularly patient or self-controlled to me. Perhaps they've gotten it wrong." Why did he always think he knew everything!?

Emily rolled her eyes, and turned to face him. Everything about him just made her so mad! She picked up a bottle called 'Razzle Dazzle Rose', that was more her colour. Replacing the blue in its original place, and picking up a 'slate grey'. Emily shook it and dangled it in front of Cory's face. "I believe this is the colour that suits you then!" Emily looked him up and down, "Grey." She looked at the bottle, then back at him, "Boring. Dark. Pessimistic. Authoritative. Pompous. I could go on all day". Emily sighed, Cory was so infuriating.
Emily Sophia Adams
Emily Sophia Adams
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:06 pm

Of course not. Cory shrugged off her iciness. It came with the prefect territory; he'd accepted that fact a while ago. Most people didn't even get to 'he's a prefect' on their lists of reasons to dislike him, actually. The list usually began and ended with 'he's a werewolf'. Cory actually found it refreshing that Emily loathed him for his prefect-ness as opposed to his wolfish-ness. She still treated him like he carried a highly communicable disease, but to be honest he was used to being treated like he was infested with fleas.

He watched her replace her ink bottle with a pink that was, in his humble opinion, rather loud and atrocious. He smiled bemusedly; he hadn't know his words could ruffle her feathers so easily and so quickly. He wasn't usually one to enjoy the suffering of others, but in this case it was actually pretty entertaining. He wondered what she would do if he told her that pink meant she was looking to be a damsel in distress and be protected and unconditionally adored by those around her. He wasn't entirely sure this related to her particular shade of neon pink, but it would no doubt be an interesting experiment.

He was about to try this out when she handed him a bottle of ink. The smile that had been nearing a smirk faltered and disappeared and he looked at her suspiciously. "Um. Well, thanks. I was actually going to..." His mind registered the plethora of unsavory adjectives she was using to describe him. "Hey!" He snatched the bottle out of Emily's hand and then put his hands at his hips. "Would you rather I'd said you were patient and self-controlled! I thought you prided yourself on being a loose cannon." Cory's face was reddening at her words, possibly because most some of them were true and he didn't want to admit that to himself.

"If you're going to be throwing around insults, at least do it properly." Cory's self-confidence was certainly not what he made it out to be. His way of dealing was being twice as hard on himself than everyone else was. "You forgot mangy, flea-ridden, OCD lunatic." He was pretty sure his ex had used those exact words at some point. He fumed for a moment, then regained his composure, running a hand down his chest to straighten his ruffled clothes. "What's your problem with me, anyway, Adams? It's not like I even give you detention that much."

Last edited by Cory Richard Gaunt on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Sophia Adams Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:32 pm

"Would you rather I'd said you were patient and self-controlled! I thought you prided yourself on being a loose cannon." Emily shook her head. Of course she wouldn't, she was impatient and definitely not self-controlled. Anything but! I thought you prided yourself on being a loose cannon." Emily's mouth fell open, scowling at him. "Loose cannon?! I'm not a loose cannon!!" She stepped towards him, her face probably close to matching his by now. Emily hated being told she was out of control, she wasn't self-controlled but she wasn't crazy either!

Cory really deserved a slap, "You forgot mangy, flea-ridden, OCD lunatic.", she should really not let him get to her. Emily wondered what an earth he was on about. Cory wasn't mangy, and probably not flea-ridden in the slightest! She walked right up close to him, grabbing his head, stupid height difference. He was a whole foot and a bit taller than she was. "Let... me see!", Emily ran her hands through the insanely thick locks, she couldn't spot anything. She shrugged and let go of his head, he was flapping about like a maniac, quite embarrassing really. "I don't see any fleas. So that's not right. You're definitely not mangy" Emily looked at him, squinting, "Nope. Not in the slightest. I don't know about OCD. Then again, you're a bit weird like that."

She realised she was still standing super close to him, it made her feel like such a dwarf. Emily cursed her stupid genes, five foot high was so pathetic. "What's your problem with me, anyway, Adams? It's not like I even give you detention that much." She shrugged, 'Adams'. Well, that's so like a prefect! Emily took a few steps away and folded her arms. Her mouth opened and shut again, her face resuming the colour it had previously lost when he was putting himself down. "I-er-ugh! I don't have to explain myself to you!" Truthfully, Emily had never met anyone quite like him. She was always able to understand someone after some time had passed, but Cory was entirely different. He was crazy and Emily was quite intimidated.

She began to think how alike they really were. It was weird, but apart from the whole prefect thing, they were probably rather similar. He reminded her of her brother, he was head boy, and alot like Cory, also her twin. How they could be related she had no idea. Although she didn't not like her brother, they got on like a house on fire, they were twins though! Emily had to look past the prefect thing for him, but Cory was such a different story.
Emily Sophia Adams
Emily Sophia Adams
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Cory crossed his arms in front of him, careful not to wrinkle his clothes or to upset the ink bottle in his hand. Here Emily was, creating quite a scene in the student store (Cory refused to admit his part in said scene), and emphatically denying that she was a loose cannon. Cory raised an eyebrow. This whole situation might be far less uncomfortable, funny even, if Emily hadn't been so keen on flinging insults around. Despite what was sometimes said about him, Cory really wasn't the sort to get off on rubbing people the wrong way. Some people were just far too easy to tick off. Emily was apparently one of these such people.

Cory was about to present a copious amount of evidence supporting his claim that Emily was loose (in a cannon-wise sense only, of course) when she was suddenly all over him. His initial reaction was the same as if she'd pointed her wand at him and shouted Stupefy!. He gave no resistance as she bent his head to a more comfortable distance from her arms (he'd never really noticed how short she was before, it was actually kind of adorable), and it took him more than a moment to realize what she was doing. "Whoa, what the hell!" he struggled to get free, but she had a good grip on him by now, "Personal space, woman!" His words came off angry, but really he was incredibly flustered. He hadn't the slightest idea what to do in this situation. He'd never been actually checked for fleas before. Most people just took his flea-riddeness as a given.

"Thank you?" he said, still struggling to regain his composure. And this was the girl claiming she wasn't a loose cannon? She had just checked him for fleas. Who did that??? Cory felt he should be angry about her disregard for his personal bubble, but really he was just amused. A genuine smile pushed itself onto his face despite his best efforts to look pissed off. "Who's calling who weird, miss flea-inspector?" He ran a hand across his face, trying to wipe the smile from it. He was supposed to be in prefect-mode, after all.

"Well, with me being a prefect and everything, you sort of do." he held up his hands in front of him as if to stave off the ire he expected to come form her at his statement, "But I won't push it, fine. I didn't mean to get you so riled up, you know. Are you just looking for a reason to fight with me? Or are you looking for a reason to fight with any old prefect and I just happened to be the first you found?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Sophia Adams Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Emily rolled her eyes, his smile was probably just him holding his laugh in or something. Cory just couldn't help telling her just what his prefect job entailed, he had to know everything? She was surprised he didn't already with the way he acted. It was probably the only time she had actually made Cory smile, what a scarily momentous moment. "Are you just looking for a reason to fight with me? Or are you looking for a reason to fight with any old prefect and I just happened to be the first you found?" Emily shrugged, she didn't start it did she? She seemed to recall that Cory had started the conversation, he knew she didn't like him. She always made it known to him, and she was hardly fighting with him!

"I don't need a reason to fight with you. You started it anyway! I never look for prefects either, I'm sure you all have a freaky radar" Emily tilted her head in thought, "You find me just as irritating as I find you. You must love fighting with me!" Emily smirked, he looked ridiculous trying not to smile, like there was a bad taste in his mouth. She walked past him, and turned, "You should really go for the blue bottle, try it out" Emily shook her head and spun on her heel. Standing in front of the counter, a student behind smiled up at her as she handed over the bright pink bottle. Digging into her pocket for a few coins, she nodded as she heard the amount.

"I hope I don't see you around too soon Cory" Emily muttered as she picked up the wonderfully bright bottle and began walking out of the store. She suddenly had a thought, imagine if there were two Cory's, the world would surely implode. She struggled with one, two would be a nightmare. Anyway, the ink would do well with the rest of her doodling while waiting for Alec to leave his girlfriend alone for once and keep her company. Fellow Othello's weren't the best company at times, especially the one's sitting around back there at the moment. It wasn't long though, soon enough she knew she would graduate, hopefully and do something. Emily had to save up, and had no idea when she would manage to leave Amorcya Island but it would be soon. Then, no more Othello's and no more Cory!
Emily Sophia Adams
Emily Sophia Adams
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:18 pm

The smile that Cory was fighting against gave up finally and was quickly replaced at indignation. He had not 'started it'. Had he? He honestly could not remember what he had said that had started this whole line of argument. It just seemed that whenever he and Emily ended up in a room together they ended up hating each others guts just a little bit more. Cory had never really tried to delve into the reasoning for this, had never thought it was important to do so. Maybe it was time he started trying to figure out what he did to make this girl so damn confrontational at him. He quickly dismissed the realization that he got pretty damn confrontation at her as well.

"There you go again. 'Freaky'. I haven't heard that one for a while. Little juvenile, isn't it?" He was done with this. He didn't need this kind of stress in his life. He didn't need this tiny blond girl echoing painful phrases from his ex or creepily knowing what color ink he used or belittling him for being a prefect. He'd set his sights on becoming a prefect to get what little respect he could from his peers, not to have it thrown back in his face like this. Oh he would just love to throw a detention slip or seven at Emily right now. He tried to keep personal bias out of his prefect duties, but he would definitely be keeping a closer eye on this one for a while.

"No thank you, I think I'll stick to my boring, dark, pessimistic, authoritative, pompous gray." He watched her walk away to pay for her ink and had half a mind (maybe more) to chuck his bottle of ink at the back of her head. Instead he put on a chilly smile and waved his goodbye. "Follow the rules, Adams. I've got my eye on you." As soon as the words left his mouth he regretted them. Merlin, he sounded like a villain from some campy muggle movie. He kept on regretting those words as he paid for the ink and went back to his dormitory room to angrily stare at the walls until his next class.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down